I found a couple of half used sketch books so I thought I would share one.
It’s kind of silly. It’s from a class I took so we were trying a few different styles. The nightmare may have been from The Artist’s Way.
I tried to add the quotes and list in the image caption, but it was repeated and I couldn’t figure out how to remove the double text so here they are:
Quotes from the first page:
The perfect is the enemy of the good .Ansel Adams
Imperfections are your guides – valuable, reliable, objective, non-judgmental guides – to matters you need to reconsider or develop further.Art & Fear
List from the back page:
- Drawing dreams or silly experiments w/ ink blots are a good way to start a sketchbook – lowers pressure, but also adds fun and a deeper level of who I am.
- Cutting & pasting is a good idea, too. No more loose drawings. They all deserve homes.
- If only one sketch is good, the rest are all worth it. (I really need to remember this.)
- I really like adding water to this paper.
- It is better to make a mistake in a sketchbook than on a painting <– Truth bomb.