I tried a panoramic shot. It turned out a little funky.
You can see some of the dings on my pretty walls. The room is now more than an inch smaller in width. I don’t know how that happened since we did not touch those walls. We just hired York, PA painting company to paint them. This made getting the new cabinet in a huge pain.
First we cut the right side of the cabinet down about half an inch. Still couldn’t get it in. Then we had to cut two corners at a diagonal. Finally, it fit. Sort of.
With the new toilet base, the sink sits higher so it doesn’t touch the tank it was sitting on before. I don’t know why the toilet base is higher.
You can see a few dings on the cabinet in this shot. Touch ups. *sigh
I bought those baskets on a whim in the Target $1 bin. For a little bit, I didn’t think I was going to use them in the RV. Then bam!
A round up of what we did this weekend:
- New hardware on the cabinets.
- New faucet.
- Toilet base.
- Cabinets installed (the sink cabinet is just sitting there.)
- New door handle.
- Lots of painting.
- Put “rice paper” liner on the window. I am actually covering the window with a mirror for practical reasons, but if I ever want a smaller mirror I won’t need a curtain. I also don’t really want people to see the back of the mirror from the outside. I hope this will block some of that.
- Wall papered the ceiling. This was my first time at that particular rodeo. Why? So ridiculous and I am pretty sure it will need to be painted anyway.
- New shower head
- New bathroom faucet
- New caulk (which may need re-doing.)
- Finished tearing out carpet and cleaned the sub floor.
My friend made those sliding doors. It used to just be a panel. Behind the doors there’s a pipe and it is pretty crowded, but it will give me enough room for some extra rolls of toilet paper and my toilet chemicals. Oh yeah, bathroom upgrade indeed. Or en effet as the French say.