I think we are all ready for this year to be over. Aren’t we always though?
I want to take the last day of the year to reflect on everything I accomplished in 2016. A lot of people do these types of posts and I don’t know about anyone else, but sometimes I forget all the ways I succeed and can focus on all the things I wish I had accomplished. So here’s a brief run down of what I did this year:
- 41 paintings. Yeah, I did. That’s at least double what I’ve ever done in a year. I am so proud of this accomplishment while still wanting to smash this record in 2017.
- I published a short ebook. I did most of the heavy work in 2015, but didn’t hit publish until January 2016. That’s kinda cool.
- I was accepted into 2 art fairs and participated in my first one in 7 years. And made an awesome friend in the process.
- I had a show at Nudge Cafe.
- I hired an art coach and made improvements on various small areas of my business, including but not limited to, adding almost 100 new organic followers to my instagram account and more than double the number of people on my email list.
- I was a finalist in the Art Muse contest twice this year.
- I went to New Mexico, Montana, and Wyoming. Okay, that one isn’t art related, but it was fun.
Now I have a goal list for 2017 already, but I’m keeping it close to my chest for the time being. Once I tell people I lose interest so I’ll just share them as I go.